Thursday, April 15, 2010

This Week in the Blogosphere...

I officially have stopped subscribing to cooking magazines. With the exception of Saveur, I just don't find them relevant anymore. Most of their recipes you can find online and I've grown weary of the stacks of bookmarked magazines that accumulate on my bed, coffee table, and counters. Our generation is going paperless, last I heard. Of late, I prefer trawling through the interwebs for tonight's dinner inspiration, cheering on my fellow foodie bloggers and picking up a few tips along the way. Every week I'm going to share with you my finds, keeping in mind the Student Epicure's mission: to cook delicious meals that won't leave you strapped for time or cash.

Here's is what I've stumbled upon this week:

Cambridge-based blogger Oui, Chef creates a current twist on a classic with Quinoa Tabbouleh. Looks good for a weekday lunch.

Dr. Winnie of Healthy Green Kitchen blends up a quick & healthy breakfast with her Cherry Flax Smoothie.

From the kitchen of the inimitable 101 Cookbooks comes a hearty fragrant Coconut Red Lentil Soup.

I recently discovered James Ramsden and who could not be somewhat seduced when he describes the kind of goat cheese you should use for his tomato & goat cheese gratin as " one that honks like an entire stenchy herd and crumbles when prodded." Delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment