Friday, April 23, 2010

This Week's Recommendations

I can never say no to a Mark Bittman recipe. That man always seems to be one step ahead of me, anticipating what I might desire to cook before I even know myself. I just picked up tamarind paste to make this pad thai.

This next recipe might be a little advanced/involved, but if there's anyone who has wanted to attempt baking bread, this Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread from food52 is incredible. I made it last week and ate the whole loaf myself in 48 hours.

I recently made this fragrant squash dish from Saveur: Kabocha Squash with Ginger. I used butternut squash and was amazed at how simple, but flavorful it was. This would be great served with another Asian-inspired dish, such as last week's Furikake Tofu.

Also, I just discovered that the Monterey Bay Aquarium has a whole slew of recipes for sustainable fish developed by all-star chefs. The halibut with herbs and flowers looks especially gorgeous.

Alright, now go forth and cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment